Aida Levitan, Ph.d.
Aida Levitan, Ph.D., APR, is the President of The Levitan Group, Inc., a firm that provides consulting services to companies and organizations such as Aetna and the Port of Bilbao (Spain).
A professional and cultural leader, Dr. Levitan is also president of a 501(c)3 organization, ArtesMiami, Inc., dedicated to supporting and promoting Hispanic artists and cultural organizations. In April 2010 she was named Chairperson of the Aetna national Latino Advisory Council.
Until January 2005, Dr. Levitan served as the vice chairperson/chief communications officer of Bromley Communications, which she helped transform into the number one Hispanic advertising agency in the U.S., according to the 2003 listings by Advertising Age.
In 1986 she co-founded Sanchez & Levitan and sold the agency to Publicis Groupe from 2001 to 2003. By 2003, under her leadership as Co-Chairman/CEO, Publicis Sanchez & Levitan had become one of the top ten U.S. Hispanic advertising agencies listed by Advertising Age, with $92 million in billings, 80 employees, and four full-service offices in the leading Hispanic population centers.
At Publicis Sanchez & Levitan and later at Bromley, Dr. Levitan directed strategic marketing communications campaigns for clients. At Sanchez & Levitan, Inc. she developed campaigns for major brands. From 2005 to 2007 she was president of Levitan & Palencia, LLC, a marketing consulting firm.
She served on the Commission to create the National Museum of the American Latino (named by Congress and the President) and on the boards of: the Miami Art Museum, the Latin Chamber of Commerce (CAMACOL), The Spanish Cultural Center, and the local university of The Art Institutes. In 2010 she was a member of the Honorary Committee of the National Hispana Leadership Institute Conference and the Advisory Council of the Spain-Florida Foundation.
From 2004 to 2005 she was the president of the national Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies. She has served on numerous non-profit boards, including the American Cancer Society, the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Board of Governors, and the American Red Cross.
Aida Levitan has a Ph.D. an in Spanish Literature from Emory University and a B.A. from the University of Miami.
• 2011 Latina Pioneer of the Year – Hispanic Women of Distinction – Broward County, Florida
• 2010 American Jewish Committee Diversity Recognition at the Annual Diversity Breakfast
• 2007 Latin Chamber of Commerce Hispanic Women of the Year
• 2006 PRSA Royal Palm Award for excellence in public relations
• 2006 U.S. Dept. of Commerce MedWeek Legend in Communication
• 2006 Vanidades Magazine National Tribute to Hispanic Women Award
• 2003 Hispanic Magazine National Entrepreneur of the Year in Communications
• 2003 Women in Communications Entrepreneurship Award
• 2003 Advertising Federation Legend in Advertising
• Chosen one of the top 100 women in the country by Working Woman Magazine