2013 Campaign Design Contest
The Friends of the American Latino Museum announce the 2013 Campaign Design Contest!
CONTEST DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3, 2013!
For the second year in a row we are giving our supporters the opportunity to be an important part of our campaign to create a National American Latino Museum in our nation’s capital. After receiving inspiring designs from talented artists nationwide during our inaugural Campaign Design Contest in 2012, we are bringing this contest back to give our supporters the opportunity to share their artistic vision for this museum.
Last year’s winning design served as the central image for our promotional materials, online imaging, and posters. Posters were distributed at major Latino conferences nationwide as well as to key Members of Congress, and a media campaign further promoted the winning design. As we are seeking to create the first and only national museum focused on telling American Latino history, the winner of this contest will be part of a historic movement.
Now we ask you to help us create a new design and theme representing the American Latino Museum in our efforts to engage the community, move them to action, and pass legislation.
You don’t need to be a professional artist to submit an entry, and all art forms will be accepted (from painting to graphic design). Creativity is key!
All entries must be submitted electronically.
The deadline for submission is Wednesday, April 3rd at midnight PST. We will announce the finalists, and the public will then vote to determine the winner of the contest on Thursday, April 18th.
Winner's Prize Package
As was done in 2012, the winner of our 2013 Campaign Design contest will not only have his/her work serve as the center piece for all of our special events and communiques this year, but they will receive the following prize package:
- The artist will be provided with transportation and hotel accommodations to attend our event in Washington, D.C. for a premier Cinco de Mayo celebration. This event will serve as the official unveiling to showcase the winning design.
- The winning artist will be part of a national media campaign to promote the museum initiative and the winning design.
- The artist will be profiled on our website and across our social media outlets.
- Most importantly, the artist will forever be credited with his or her design, a design that will contribute to a historic campaign to create the first national museum dedicated to honoring the contributions of American Latinos.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- The applicant represents and warrants that the design submitted is his/her own creation and it does not include nor infringe any third party intellectual property rights.
- The winner maintains any and all present and future claims for moral rights in, and to, the design, and commits to providing the Friends of the American Latino Museum with an exclusive license in perpetuity for use of the design.
- The Friends of the American Latino Museum may, in collaboration with the winning artist, change, alter, amend, add to, delete from and otherwise modify the final design to best suit the use of the campaign.
- By taking part in this contest, the finalists authorize the Friends of the American Latino Museum to use their full name, design, and all other submitted information for the purposes of promoting this contest and campaign.
Please first complete the form below. Then, attach the design to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2013 Campaign Design Contest.”
- The design must incorporate our logo design and the year “2013” within it.
- When designing, keep in mind that the design will need to fit a 18x24 inch poster, and will be used for marketing and promotional materials.
- All designs must be received by Wednesday April, 3, 2013 at midnight PST.